Stay home but stay healthy. We can still go out to do simple aerobic exercises to stay healthy and keep our immune system strong!
Singapore Health Promotion Board and Ministry of Health have launch plenty of guidelines to keep Singaporeans active and healthy. You may visit the following websites for more details:
https://www.livehealthysg.com/, https://www.healthhub.sg/ ,https://www.hpb.gov.sg/
So what is AEROBIC EXERCISE?
It is any type of cardiovascular conditioning aka CARDIO.Another way to describe aerobic exercise or “cardio” is that it’s the type of workout that increases both your heart rate and breathing
Simple activities that you can still do right now is, Skipping, Running/Jogging, Brisk Walking and Cycling.
If you do not wish to leave your house during this pandemic, a simple skipping rope exercise of 45 mins can burn up to 450 calories! That is as good as running outside!
30 minutes or more of aerobic exercise five or more days each week
WHY IS IT GOOD?
Aerobic exercise helps keep your heart, lungs, and circulatory system healthy
The different benefits of Aerobic Exercises
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mood
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscle strength and flexibility
- Improved joint mobility
- Decreased stress levels
- Improved posture and coordination
- Strengthened bones
- Decreased body fat levels.prevention or management of diseases
- Help to build strong bones, as it is a weight bearing exercise
- Strengthen muscles.improve cardiovascular fitness
- Burn plenty of kilojoules
- Help maintain a healthy weight.