We know that the first few weeks of braces can be extremely uncomfortable and painful. But remember, be patient because wearing braces is a good investment for your oral health and self confidence in the future.
Eating can be tricky and it is not uncommon that many people lose weight during their first few months of wearing braces. We are here to help you plan your new diet to ensure you are getting all the nutrients you need!
Remember, wearing braces does not mean you have to live on porridge and puree!
Here are some food that are braces- friendly aka easy to chew!
- Dairy products like soft cheese, milk based products like yoghurt and pudding , eggs.
- Bread. A easy and favourite food choice for people with braces. It is quick and simple.
- Soft Carbs. Yes, we know that sometimes it is even hard to chew rice with your braces. So most of the time, you serve it as porridge. You can also try pasta as it is softer. Mashed potato and mashed pumpkin are also tastier!
- Seafood is a great source of protein and is easier to chew compared to other meats like chicken or beef.
- Vegetables is where you get your fibres and vitamins. You have to include them in your diet as often as possible. You can consume them boiled/steamed so that it will be easier for the teeth . Choose something like boiled carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower , broccoli.
- Fruit is an important part of a healthy diet because it is rich with vitamins and fibre! It can be challenging when you have braces so choose softer ones like bananas, mangoes, watermelon, grapes, all sorts of berries! TIP : mix them with your favourite dessert like ice cream or frozen yoghurt !
Remember, it is important to eat well even if you have braces on!