Brushing your teeth is more than just basic oral hygiene to prevent bad breath and toothache. We found 4 other cool benefits of brushing your teeth that will surprise you! Now, you have more reasons to adopt great oral hygiene
Decrease the risk of respiratory diseases
Researchers found that people with respiratory infections have poor oral hygiene. Bacteria form on the teeth can make way into the respiratory tract
Healthier Diet, Less Snacking
Psychologically, most people avoid eating after they have brushed their teeth. People are more reluctant to eat after they have cleaned their teeth the same reason how you avoid dirty roads after washing your car
Decrease the risk of Dementia
A cohort study was done on Dementia and researchers from the University of Southern California found out that participants who did not brush on a regular basis had a 65 percent greater chance of developing dementia compared to those who did not brush
Decrease the risk of Pregnancy Complications
Oral hygiene is important for pregnant women. Excessive bacteria growth can enter the bloodstream and travel to the uterus. This can trigger the production of chemicals called prostaglandins— which may have a connection to induce premature labor.
If having a beautiful smile , fresh breath and healthy set of teeth aren’t enough, we just gave you more! Whilst practising a good oral hygiene is your responsibility , visiting the Dentist is highly recommended to ensure you’re taking care of it right.
Here are some of the Dental Care Places that might be of your interest if you haven’t already gone one .
Dengue: Symptoms & Protection
Dengue fever is on the rise and it has reached an alarming 9755 cases in Singapore*. At MyCLNQ, we have researched and helped you understand your fight against Dengue. This includes identifying dengue fever symptoms and how to protect yourself from them.
What is Dengue Fever? It is a disease caused by the dengue virus which is transmitted to humans just by a bite of an infective mosquito.
How do you look out for signs and symptoms of Dengue Fever?
- Offset high fever
- Pain behind the eye, something known as retro-ortibal pain
- Nausea and even vomiting of blood.
- Severe headache
- Muscle and joint pain
- Skin rashes that come after the fever
Protection against Dengue
- Wear covered clothes to minimise the amount of exposed skin
- Did you know that there are some natural scents that could repel mosquitos? Mosquitos hate like Eucalyptus, Lemon Balm, Lemongrass, Peppermint
- Protect yourself and use mosquito repellents containing DEET
- Papaya leaves to battle against dengue. Its leaves are known to increase the platelet count and enriched with anti-malarial properties,
- Hydrate and drink lots of water.
To protect ourselves, we need to do our part. The National Environment Agency has come up with an effective way known as the 5-step-Mozzie-Wipeout to stop the dengue transmission cycle.
Let us fight against Dengue together!
* 9755cases in Singapore, Compiled by Communicable Diseases Division, Ministry of Health