There are rows and rows of different toothpastes from different brands. The question is, which one will you choose and what’s the difference between all those different kinds of toothpastes? Here’s a simple breakdown of the main types of toothpaste in the market
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF TOOTHPASTE
- Children’s Toothpaste – There are fewer fluoride and abrasives.
- Whitening Toothpaste – Contains a higher lever of abrasives.Excessive use may wear down the enamel layer and cause sensitivity
- Smoker’s Toothpaste – May contain sodium pyrophosphate which helps to keep tartar from forming on teeth
- Sensitive Teeth Toothpaste – Contains potassium nitrate which helps to reduce the pain
- Herbal Natural Toothpaste – May not contain any fluoride which is a key ingredient recommended by Dentists to strengthens teeth & protects enamel
At the end of the day, you choose a toothpaste that you like the best just as long as they contain Fluoride. Some people may choose a toothpaste because of the taste or even an ingredient like Charcoal. Let us know in the comments below which is your go-to toothpaste!